STAND Family Counseling consists of 10 weekly sessions of behavioral family therapy. These sessions usually last 60 minutes and are held with the parent, adolescent, and a counselor.
- Teach organization, time management, and planning skills
- Reduce parent-adolescent conflict at homework time
- Help parents create structure in the home setting
- Show adolescents how to build and maintain a daily routine
- Promote independence through accountability and limit-setting
- Guide parents and adolescents to effectively communicate with teachers
STAND is now available in 3 community locations
STAND is now available as a clinic-based or home-based service for students in Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Contact one of these three locations to find out more.
Switchboard of Miami Family Counseling Services Division
7412 Sunset Drive
Miami, FL 33145
700 S. Royal Poinciana Blvd, Suite 300
Miami Springs, FL 33166
Institute for Child and Family Health, Inc. (ICFH)- Sunset Unit
9380 Sunset Drive
Miami, FL 33173
Not a Miami-Dade County Public School student? STAND is offered at FIU to any student in 6th – 12th grade. The cost of the program is $70 per session. Families may qualify for financial assistance.
Don’t Live in South Florida?: STAND Family Counseling services are offered through secure video conferencing to English and Spanish speaking families in any geographic location with access to high speed internet and a webcam.