STAND Organization Classes consist of 8 weekly classes attended by students and their parents. Each weekly 90 minute class includes parent-only and adolescent-only components with separate facilitators, as well as combined parent-adolescent group activities. Classes are typically held on Monday and Tuesday evenings, as well as Saturday mornings.
- Teach organization, time management, and planning skills
- Reduce parent-adolescent conflict at homework time
- Help parents create structure in the home setting
- Show adolescents how to build and maintain a daily routine
- Promote independence through accountability and limit-setting
- Guide parents and adolescents to effectively communicate with teachers
STAND Organization Classes are open to any student who is in 6th-12th grade and is having trouble in school due to problems with attention, behavior and/or organization skills. The cost of the program is $70 per session. Families may qualify for financial assistance.