STAND Family Counseling
In a clinical trial with 36 families, STAND Family Counseling was compared to receiving help in the community1. By the end of the program, students who participated in STAND:
- Wrote a greater percentage of homework ina daily planner
- Were more organized with their school belongings
- Displayed larger reductions in parent rated inattention symptoms
- Displayed fewer parent rated academic problems in school
- Showed significantly improved GPAs
STAND Organization Classes
In an open trial of 28 families, students who received STAND Organization Classes were compared to students on a waitlist2. After finishing STAND parents rated student improvement.
Summer Program for Middle and High School Students
In four open trials of our summer program (73 students) research indicates that:
- 80% of families showed reductions in quantity of parent-teen arguments after completing the program 3
- 100% of students averaged a passing score on all organization checks by the final three weeks of the program 4
- 90% of students demonstrated daily job performance that exceeded supervisor expectations during the final three weeks of the program 4
- 100% of parents indicated that their teen improved at least somewhat after completing the summer program 5
1 Sibley, M.H., Pelham, W.E., Derefinko, K.D., Kuriyan, A.B., Sanchez, F., & Graziano, P.A. (2013). A Pilot Trial of Supporting Teens’ Academic Needs Daily (STAND): A parent-adolescent collaborative intervention for ADHD. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 35, 436-449.
2 Sibley, M.H., Altszuler, A.R., Ross, J.M., Sanchez, F., Pelham, W.E., & Gnagy, E.M. (2014). A group-based parent-teen collaborative intervention for high school students with ADHD. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
3 Sibley, M.H., Ross, J.M., Gnagy, E.M., Dixon, L., Conn, B., & Pelham, W.E. (2013). An Intensive Summer Treatment Program for ADHD Reduces Parent-Adolescent Conflict. Journal of Psychopathology & Behavioral Assessment, 35, 10-19.
4 Sibley, M.H., Pelham, W.E., Evans, S.W., Gnagy, E.M., Ross, J.M., & Greiner, A.R. (2011). Evaluation of a Summer Treatment Program for Adolescents with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 18, 530-544.
5 Sibley, M.H., Smith, B.H., Evans, S.W., Pelham, W.E., & Gnagy, E.M. (2012). Treatment Response to an Intensive Adolescent-Directed Intervention for ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders, 16, 443-448.
For more information on published research studies contact firstname.lastname@example.org